About EASM Summer School
The European Association for Sport Management (EASM) is an independent association of people involved in the management of sport in the broadest sense. EASM has a wide international network of experts and National Organisations in the fields of sport management and has close European and Intercontinental relations.
Click through to learn more about the association!
What is the EASM Summer School
The EASM Summer School is a great opportunity for students and practitioners to enrich their degree with new insights in the field of International Sport Management Industry, Business and Marketing, among others. Participants will have the chance to build up their own international network within the sport business and to work with colleagues from all over the world.
Attending the EASM Summer School means you will have access to interact with highly regarded academics and professionals of the sport management sector. We provide a unique educational opportunity as they deliver their visionary perspective, helping you broaden your views, improve your understanding of the sport management world and jump start your career in this passionate field of study.
Real Madrid – Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
Academics, Networking & Leisure
Lectures by academics and professionals of the sport industry, teamwork, case studies, student presentations and distance readings for initial preparation.
Content & Learning Objective
The core of this programme will be the International Sport Management and Marketing, getting new insights in the field of International Sport Marketing. Furthermore, students will be able to apply professional marketing tools in sport organizations.
Credits & Certified Accreditation
- Attendants get a 6 ECTS certificate recognized by the University of Bayreuth after the Final Exam.
- The course of EASM Summer School is certified by the European Association for Sport Management and the Sport Management Academy of Bayreuth, Germany (SMAB).
Cultural and Leisure Opportunities
During the programme you will experience the perfect mix between academic improvement and exciting memorable experiences in one of Europe’s biggest and most special cities, with its vibrant life, culture and wide array of activities and leisure opportunities. You will be able to experience Spanish culture like never before, from its cuisine and its people to the unique blend of historical and modern appeal.
Sightseeing: Puerta de Alcalá
Cultural Activity: Visit to Microsoft Global Sports Innovation Center
Keynote Speakers in Advance
Credits & Certified Accreditation
- EASM Summer School is organized according to the high academic standards of the University of Bayreuth, the leading European University in Sport Business.
- Attendants get a 6 ECTS certificate to recognize the EASM Summer School by their hometown universities.
EASM Summer School Scholarships
We are pleased to announce that EASM, with the financial support of Sport Management Academy Bayreuth (SMAB) and The Alumni Association Sport Management of the University of Bayreuth and the Alberto Madella Scholarship, is offering 15 scholarship opportunities where each student will be supported with 300 €, so that the student pays only 25 €.
In addition, the University of Bayreuth is offering 9 scholarship opportunities for University of Bayreuth students only. Bayreuth students are advised to get in contact with Jan Schönberner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The German Sport University Alumni will provide 3 scholarships. The criteria for students of the GSU will be announced soon or alternatively students may request this information by contacting email@example.com
Application deadline: 12 March 2021.
Applicants for the EASM Scholarships must:
- Submit a brief proposal (max. 500 words, including your name, country of residence, current occupation, or student status) outlining why you think you should be awarded the scholarship. Please refer to the criteria detailed below to indicate why you would be eligible for the funding. The proposal should:
- Confirm that you are studying Sport Management in Higher Education (Diploma, Degree, Masters, PhD).
- Outline the motivation for your attendance at the EASM Summer School.
- Indicate the expected outcome of the EASM Summer School attendance for the future individual career.
- Outline plans for disseminating learning from the Summer School attendance experience.
- Confirm that you are not able to attend the EASM Summer School without this funding.
- Submit a short report of the EASM Summer School (500 words, including a picture in high resolution) no later than 14 days after the end of the Summer School to the EASM office.
How to apply:
Please submit your application (motivation letter, CV, references etc.) as one pdf-file (max. 8 MB) via email to Jakob Wikenstaal (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12th March 2021.
The Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund Committee will inform all applicants with the decision before 20th March 2020 via email.
Fees & Registration
The Programme Fee for the EASM Summer School Digital International Course is 325 €.
*EASM will grant funding for some students (more information about how to apply for sponsoring soon)
Some of the universities which have participated
on latest editions
Organised by Events GB
Events GB is specialized in bidding and organising conferences, congresses, events, and tailor-made trips. The aim of our event management company is to use sports to bridge the gap between events, sport, and people. As the event organizers, Events GB has overseen the last two editions of the EASM Summer School, as well as many other important international congresses and conferences such as 27th European Sport Management Conference (Seville), 3rd World Association for Sport Management Conference (Santiago de Chile), International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport Congress (Madrid) or 6th NSCA International Conference (Madrid).