The European Association for Sport Management Summer School is a great opportunity for students and practitioners to enrich their degree with new insights in the field of International Sport Management Industry, Business and Marketing, among others. Participants have the chance to build up their own international network within the sport business and to work with others from all over the world.
La Liga Headquarters
Real Madrid – Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
The 11th EASM Summer School:
Digital Interactive Course
This year, due to the current situation, the event is going to take place digitally. We have prepared a venue so that this experience is a unique educational opportunity for attendees. Students and professionals will have the opportunity to:
Discussions, debates and quizzes about International Sport Marketing: Value-Creation through Engagement by academics of the field. Three days of world-class content in innovative and immersive format.
Participate in “Business meets Science” Chats
Students will be sharing ideas and insights with international practitioners from Sport Management Industry, Business and Science and the possibility of doing networking with colleagues of all over the globe.
Enjoy Leisure & Social Activities
There are many ways to visit a city, and, on this occasion, you will enjoy a virtual guided tour of Madrid, so sit back and enjoy! The highlights of this city will be brought to your house by our professional guide. Gamified tours are educational, entertaining and fun! Besides, you will have the chance of having a virtual trip to Microsoft Global Sport Innovation Center in order to be updated with the last innovations in the Sport Industry.
Gamified Madrid Tour
Microsoft Global Sport Innovation Center
Keynote Speakers in Advance
Credits & Certified Accreditation
- EASM Summer School is organized according to the high academic standards of the University of Bayreuth, the leading European University in Sport Business.
- Attendants get a 6 ECTS certificate to recognize the EASM Summer School by their hometown universities.
EASM Summer School Scholarships
We are pleased to announce that EASM, with the financial support of Sport Management Academy Bayreuth (SMAB) and The Alumni Association Sport Management of the University of Bayreuth and the Alberto Madella Scholarship, is offering 15 scholarship opportunities where each student will be supported with 300 €, so that the student pays only 25 €.
In addition, the University of Bayreuth is offering 9 scholarship opportunities for University of Bayreuth students only. Bayreuth students are advised to get in contact with Jan Schönberner (email@example.com).
The German Sport University Alumni will provide 3 scholarships. The criteria for students of the GSU will be announced soon or alternatively students may request this information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 12 March 2021.
Applicants for the EASM Scholarships must:
- Submit a brief proposal (max. 500 words, including your name, country of residence, current occupation, or student status) outlining why you think you should be awarded the scholarship. Please refer to the criteria detailed below to indicate why you would be eligible for the funding. The proposal should:
- Confirm that you are studying Sport Management in Higher Education (Diploma, Degree, Masters, PhD).
- Outline the motivation for your attendance at the EASM Summer School.
- Indicate the expected outcome of the EASM Summer School attendance for the future individual career.
- Outline plans for disseminating learning from the Summer School attendance experience.
- Confirm that you are not able to attend the EASM Summer School without this funding.
- Submit a short report of the EASM Summer School (500 words, including a picture in high resolution) no later than 14 days after the end of the Summer School to the EASM office.
How to apply:
Please submit your application (motivation letter, CV, references etc.) as one pdf-file (max. 8 MB) via email to Jakob Wikenstaal (email@example.com) before 12th March 2021.
The Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund Committee will inform all applicants with the decision before 20th March 2020 via email.
Fees & Registration
The Programme Fee for the EASM Summer School Digital International Course is 325 €.
Some of the universities which have participated
on latest editions
Organised by Events GB
Events GB is specialized in bidding and organising conferences, congresses, events, and tailor-made trips. The aim of our event management company is to use sports to bridge the gap between events, sport, and people. As the event organizers, Events GB has overseen the last two editions of the EASM Summer School, as well as many other important international congresses and conferences such as 27th European Sport Management Conference (Seville), 3rd World Association for Sport Management Conference (Santiago de Chile), International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport Congress (Madrid) or 6th NSCA International Conference (Madrid).